Head of Preclinical Development
Vedanta Biosciences is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. In a landmark deal in the microbiome field, Johnson & Johnson recently licensed one of Vedanta’s drug candidates for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases. Vedanta Biosciences was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Position Description / Responsibilities
Vedanta Biosciences is looking for a talented Head of Preclinical Development to lead translation of discoveries in the field of the human microbiome into new treatments for a range of immune and infectious diseases. The candidate will:
- Oversee the design and execution of preclinical studies to support Vedanta’s pipeline of drug candidates.
- Help recruit, manage, and mentor a team of immunologists and microbiologists.
- Align the company’s R&D goals with the scientific team’s research plan.
- Support IND and other regulatory filings and participate in the design of clinical studies.
The job title and level will be corresponding to work experience, education level, and skills of the selected candidate.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Track record of execution and success managing drug development programs including preclinical development and regulatory filings. Experience in biologics preferred.
- PhD, MD, or MD/PhD. Research experience in microbiology, mucosal immunology, autoimmunity, and gastrointestinal inflammatory diseases preferred.
- Track record of team leadership and mentoring reports.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated work style.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other questions or inquiries should also be directed to the same email address.