Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Position Description / Responsibilities
Vedanta is looking for a talented bioinformatician to translate discoveries in microbiology and mucosal immunology into new treatments for a range of immune and infectious diseases. The candidate will design studies to establish the role of the microbiome in immune-mediated diseases; develop bioinformatics, statistical, and data processing algorithms to evaluate molecular and cellular pathways of host-microbe interactions; develop statistical models that correlate complex microbial signatures with phenotypic and clinical data to create testable hypotheses; create scientifically accurate and clear visualizations of results. The job title and level will be corresponding to education level, work experience, and skills of the selected candidate.
- PhD (preferred) or MS in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or related field.
- Experience in the analysis and annotation of microbial genomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics, or metagenomics datasets and associated bioinformatics tools.
- Microbiome, metagenomics, or microbial ecology research experience is required.
- Proficient in a high-level programming language such as Python, Perl, or C++ and in a statistical programming language such as R.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated work style.
- Strong publication record.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume and cover letter at puretechhealth.com