Scientist, Biostatistics/Computational Biology
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the composition of the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different from existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Vedanta is looking for a talented biostatistician to translate basic research and translational medicine discoveries into new treatments for a range of immune and infectious diseases. The candidate will develop mathematical models of microbial communities in health and disease; develop bioinformatics, statistical, and data processing algorithms to evaluate complex host-microbe and microbe-microbe networks; develop models that predict phenotypic outcomes from complex genomic signatures; create scientifically accurate and clear visualizations of results. The job title and level will correspond to education level, work experience, and skills of the selected candidate.
- PhD with experience in biostatistics, computational biology, bioinformatics or related field.
- Experience with statistical inference, reverse engineering, predictive modeling, statistical physics, and/or network analysis is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a statistical programming language, such as R or SAS, and in UNIX scripting are required.
- Research experience with microbial community sequencing data is highly desirable.
- Highly organized and motivated individual. Must be a team player, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.