RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - immunology
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Research Associate will conduct studies in the laboratory to bolster the research and development unit of Vedanta Biosciences. The principal activities of this role will be to develop assays to evaluate molecular and cellular pathways of host-microbe interactions, execute high-throughput screens, and perform in vivo experimental procedures using mouse models. Additionally, the RA will support bacterial and eukaryotic cell culture maintenance, stock solution and media preparation, organization and management of tissue banks, execution of molecular biology experiments by PCR and DNA sequencing, as well as ordering and inventory. The Research Associate will also be expected to support other general laboratory operations.
- BS required; Master's degree preferred. Educational emphasis in immunology preferred.
- 3+ years of full-time experience in a biological sciences laboratory required.
- Previous research experience and basic immunological techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, and light microscopy), mouse models, and tissue culture applications.
- Experience with high-throughput screening of eukaryotic cells strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated and organized individual. Must be a team player, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast paced environment.
- General understanding of the field of the human microbiome is preferred but not required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send resume and cover letter to PureTech Health