Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the composition of the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different from existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Supports the Cambridge-based leadership team and performs administrative duties to support the operation of the office. Responsibilities may include maintaining calendars, meeting arrangements, coordinating schedules, organizing/ordering lunches and reception duties. The position requires strong organizational, computer and internet research skills. The position also requires flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, guests and visitors, and individuals at high levels of authority from business and academic settings.
The candidate will
- General office duties
- Scheduling in recruitment software, assisting with event planning; scheduling meetings; weekly food orders, some travel, etc.
- Assist with scheduling of meetings and calls for Executive team.
- Receptionists duties including meeting and greeting visitors, answering the main phone line, screening and directing calls accordingly, welcoming visitors into building, handle all ingoing and outgoing shipments such as Fedex, UPS etc. Retrieving mail from downstairs mailroom and distributing to team
- Fielding PR/media calls and directing to the appropriate person
- Maintain conference room calendars as needed
- Maintaining cordial and productive working relationships with administrative assistants of corporate partners, as well as Board members.
- Providing accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents. This may include highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts and proposals.
- Creating and maintaining basic data-tracking spreadsheets, including contact lists
- AP function will include timely and accurately entering invoices and credit card receipts with project coding
- Assisting in creating presentations
- Planning and coordinating board or scientific meetings
- Organizing and maintaining office space, including kitchen, to keep it neat, functional, and efficient
- Ordering office supplies including managing supplies and entering online order request from employees
- Supporting team and assisting with other projects as needed
- Proactive and positive attitude a must; “can do” attitude; team player
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively via phone, email or in person with high-level business executives and academic luminaries and their assistants
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to adjust approach or methods in response to team feedback and direction; ability to learn new skills quickly and effectively
- Able to work independently with little direction
- Inquisitive and proactive; someone who anticipates what needs to be done
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through on assignments
- Ability to identify problems and utilize existing resources for resolution