HEAD OF R&D Program ManagemenT
Vedanta Biosciences is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the composition of the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different from existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Health and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Position Description / Responsibilities
Vedanta is looking for a talented leader of R&D Program Management efforts. This position will be responsible for creating (in collaboration with senior management) and implementing the company’s operational plan, as well as monitoring progress to plan and delivery of corporate goals. The position will liaise with cross-functional teams in research, development, manufacturing, and clinical operations to ensure optimal project execution across a portfolio of pipeline programs and ensure alignment with company goals.
The position will establish program management business systems, facilitate program teams and harmonize all programs in the portfolio with regards to timing, resource allocation, and corporate strategic priority. This includes establishing management and reporting systems and ensuring efficient and timely communication on both a program as well as a portfolio level. The position will be a focal point at the cross roads of all company pipeline programs. This individual will be instrumental in providing necessary information and data for forecasting and budgeting events.
This individual will drive programs toward key milestones that tie into established corporate goals such as drug candidate declaration, establishment of key technical achievements (production of cell banks, completion of manufacturing), and regulatory filings (INDs, BLAs).
- Create, manage, and execute program plan including budgeting and Gantt timeline creation, and monitor progress
- Collaborate with senior management to implement operational plan. Provide key information for forecasting and budgeting events
- Allocate resources efficiently across the company’s portfolio of pipeline programs and in accordance with the company’s top strategic priorities
- Drive programs toward key milestones for the company that tie into established corporate goals
- Focus on on-time and on-budget delivery and achievement of corporate goals
- Establish program management business systems designed to facilitate communication and information sharing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure projects are aligned with corporate goals
- Liaise with scientific and PD teams as appropriate to ensure optimal project execution
- Develop operational plans and track project progress to plan
- Participate in preparation of regulatory filings
- BS in a scientific discipline (MBA desirable, PPM certification desirable)
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in biotherapeutics setting
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in program management
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead teams of cross functional members effectively toward a common goal
- Understanding of drug development from discovery through NDA
- Strong communication and presentation skills