Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Position Description / Responsibilities
Vedanta is rapidly growing our team in Cambridge, Massachusetts and we are seeking a high-energy Facilities Manager to be responsible for day-to-day operational infrastructure of a Biopharmaceutical Office, Laboratory, and cGMP Manufacturing space. This would include hands on maintenance and repair utilizing lab and utility equipment vendors, 3rd party contractors and engineering personnel. In addition, this individual will be responsible for Laboratory and Manufacturing support activities including materials inventory, 24/7 monitoring system, waste management I removal and general area upkeep. A successful candidate will have experience with purified water systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire prevention and detection, controls, freezing systems and IT infrastructure. Ability to create and monitor budgets is critical. This is a hands-on position with high management exposure and opportunity for growth.
- Energy management – HVAC, utilities
- Management of asset database for lab and facility assets
- Annual certification of lab hoods and other BSCs
- Management of 3rd party Lab and Office cleaning services
- Space planning/office moves/signage
- Security/Phone systems
- Access control management
- Interface with building manager (Landlord)
- Glass wash, autoclave
- Equipment unplanned maintenance
- Maintain chemical inventory, lab coats, lab gases
- Manage planned maintenance and calibration of lab instruments including annual maintenance contracts
- Accident/ Near miss/Spill response
- Flammables storage management
- Quarterly maintenance of AED
- BS in Engineering, Facilities Management, Construction Management or Building Maintenance discipline. A Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing daily facilities operations is required.
- Experience in a life science / biotech / pharmaceutical facility is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and achieve results in a team environment.
- Working technical knowledge of several utility and facility systems.
- Experience in vendor management and oversight of equipment including purified water systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire prevention and detection, controls, freezing systems and IT infrastructure is required.