Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune, infectious, and metabolic diseases in ways that are completely different from existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field. Vedanta was founded by PureTech Ventures and a team of world renowned experts in immunology and microbiology.
Vedanta is rapidly growing our team in Cambridge, Massachusetts and we are seeking a high-energy Administrative Manager to be responsible for overseeing daily office activities to ensure smooth operations and performing related administrative duties. This is a hands-on position with high management exposure and opportunity for growth.
We are looking for a highly capable, self-directed individual. If you are the kind of person who not only thinks critically about problems, but also likes to take the initiative to pursue new ideas, you will enjoy working here. This is a job for a balanced, self-confident individual.
Position Description / Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor office operations
- Coordinate calendar and schedule of senior management team
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, company functions, events, and special projects as they arise
- Manage recruitment process operations including administration of Greenhouse ATS
- Onboarding of new hires, encompassing company orientation, liaison to IT, and safety training
- Manage vendor relationships and inventory of office supplies
- Perform a variety of aspects of human resources such as payroll, benefit administration, management of personnel issues and maintain related confidential files
- Ensure the efficient operation of all office equipment and arrange for maintenance as needed
- Basic website administration (preferred)
- Work closely with our accounts manager to manage and archive bills and purchases
- Other - manage team travel arrangements, parking and validation procedures, coordinate mail
- Prior experience in office management required
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Personable and articulate
- Self-starter with excellent work ethics and great attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to be part of a Team focused work environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, and interest in furthering those skills. Quick books experience desirable
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
All other questions or inquiries should also be directed to the same email address.